About Embassy
Home › About Embassy
 

India and Oman, maritime neighbors linked by geography, history and culture, enjoy close and friendly relations. Inspired by civilisational and historical links spanning over 5000 years, India and Oman have expanded their bilateral cooperation and exchanges since establishment of diplomatic relations in 1955, forging a mutually beneficial Strategic Partnership. India-Oman bilateral relations are anchored in their shared interests, mutual understanding and respect for each other’s priorities, concerns and sensitivities. Regular high-level visits and exchanges have been a key feature of this relationship. India remains committed to nurture and expand its strategic partnership with Oman through enhancing the existing cooperation and identifying new areas for bilateral, regional and global collaboration, with a view to meet the development aspirations for our two countries.

The Consulate of India was opened in Muscat in February 1955. In April 1960 it was upgraded to a Consulate General and became a full fledged Embassy in 1971. The first Ambassador of India arrived in Muscat in 1973. The Embassy has been shifted in January 2008 to the Diplomatic area in Al Khuwair in its owned premises. The complex is spread over an area of 12000 Sq. m. comprising of the Chancery building and the Embassy Residence. 



Navigation


  •     The Embassy

  •     Consular Services

  •     Community Welfare